Accomplished graphic design professional with over 25 years of experience in both agency and corporate atmospheres. Adept at working from start to finish within the creative process, offering an unconditional innovative approach to any project, while maintaining flexibility and dedication. Strong knowledge of Mac-based design programs, excellent production habits, multi-tasking expert, typographical wizard, asset management guru, and immaculate proofreader.
And oh, did I mention I love infographics?
Obtain a long-term growth position that balances creativity and organization through design, production, and asset management. Seeking advancement or expansion of design and digital responsibilities in a positive and creative atmosphere.
Principal Graphic Designer :: Waters Corporation
2007 to present
- Design wide-ranging collateral, including award-winning brochures, product launch campaign kits, event and trade show graphics, logo design and branding, technical illustrations, infographics, packaging, web/UI design, and animations.
- Contribute cross-functionally within the marketing team and throughout the company’s various departments, from HR to R&D, elevating the “live the brand” principle, making it fresh and innovative each time.
- Provide art direction for photo shoots and videos. Regularly attend press checks.
- Execute new templates and maintain template updates, including brand guidelines for outside vendors and global colleagues.
- Train users and manage the global asset management system.
- Proofread hundreds of technical documents. Provide copy direction when needed.
- Mentor junior staff and manage contractors.
Senior Graphic Designer :: Providence Creative Group
2000 to 2007
- Produce brochures, trade show materials, packaging, corporate identity, and web design with an emphasis on the biotech and retail industry – from concepting, design, production, to collecting files for printers and press checks.
- Manage creative direction from studio director to junior staff, while working independently on simple to detailed projects with account managers and clients.
Senior Ad Designer :: Ocean State Job Lot
1994 to 1999
- Redesign circulars for deep discount chain branch into a more cohesive and readable layout. Job Lot reflected double-digit increase of sales without alienating its value-conscious customers.
- Design weekly ads, circulars, packaging, logos, flyers, newsletters, and store signage.
Photograph products and organized assets. Develop keen eye for detail.
Graphic Designer :: Parks Corporation
1993 to 1994
- Layout labels and ads for national paint supply company. Maintain and clean equipment.
BFA Graphic Design, 1992
Rhode Island School of Design
Adobe Creative Suite
(InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Dreamweaver)
(Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Print and digital layouts
Digital asset management
Graphic Design USA American Inhouse Design Awards
2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Graphic Design USA Health & Wellness Design Awards
Extraordinary Effort Award
2007, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2015
2004 to 2015
2002 to 2006